Holistic medicine doesn’t just treat symptoms, it promotes the optimal health of the whole person by integrating conventional Western medicine with complementary therapies such as acupuncture, herbal medicine, massage therapy and lifestyle changes. At Peter Lok Acupuncture we approach each patient’s unique case from the perspective of holistic medicine. Acupuncture can be an effective part of your treatment plan whether you’re addressing a specific diagnosis or seeking to improve overall health.
Benefits of Acupuncture
During acupuncture, thin, sterile needles are placed into specific areas of the skin to improve the flow of naturally occurring energy or qi in the body. Most patients report feeling a warm, relaxing sensation while receiving treatment. It may seem hard to believe that such a pleasant experience can produce results, but the World Health Organization confirms that acupuncture is an effective treatment for a variety of conditions. Some of the medical problems we commonly treat at the clinic include:
- Musculoskeletal and Connective Tissue Disorders such as arthritis, gout and sciatica
- Neurological Disorders such as migraine headache, insomnia and Parkinson
- Psychiatric Disorders such as anxiety, depression and addiction
- Metabolic Disorders such as obesity
- Ear, Nose, Throat and Eye Disorders such as tinnitus and sinusitis
- Gastrointestinal Disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, abdominal bloating and gastritis
- Gynecological and Reproductive Disorders such as infertility, premenstrual syndrome and endometriosis
- Pulmonary Disorders such as bronchitis, bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Dermatologic Disorders such as pruritus and psoriasis
Acupuncture and Pain Relief
It doesn’t matter how many other methods you’ve already tried for pain relief, acupuncture can still be effective. The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine reports that several scientific studies support the effectiveness of acupuncture on chronic pain. Specifically, headache pain, low-back pain, neck pain and pain from osteoarthritis can be reduced with acupuncture treatments.
What’s keeping you from trying acupuncture to relieve chronic pain or improve your overall health? Call the Peter Lok Acupuncture Clinic, and let our friendly staff answer your questions about the method of acupuncture and how it can be used to support your optimal wellness.